Mother Jones is searching for a new digital audio media fellow based in New York City. Applications close on Friday, August 23.
Digital Media Fellowship (New York City)
Mother Jones is looking for a whip-smart fellow to join our digital publishing team in New York City. This fellowship is audio-intensive. We'll immerse you in the process of turning our award-winning investigative journalism into richly textured, entertaining, and informative podcasts.
Working closely with the digital news team on every aspect of podcast creation, you will sharpen your skills in:
- Finding and booking surprising guests, and being a cheerful ambassador for our shows;
- Presenting thorough research and working with editors to shape scripted interviews;
- Recording field and studio audio, and tracking down archives, news clips, and music;
- Setting up tape syncs and other remote records;
- Editing a variety of complex audio timelines, including mixing interviews, clips, and music;
- Writing program materials, social media posts, and short articles for our website;
- Keeping show calendars current and producers on task.
- At the heart of this fellowship is learning from seasoned editors and producers how to make sharply focused digital content, backed by skill-building sessions covering topics that span the entire organization.
If jumping on breaking news before finalizing the mix for a long investigation, then finally locking in that one guest you've been chasing for days sounds like a fun, productive week on Earth (it does to us!), then this is the fellowship for you.
More info and application details at https://www.motherjones.com/media/2019/08/digital-media-fellowship-new-york-city/