Publicity Intern (Remote), Lucasfilm - Summer 2021 771438BR
The Lucasfilm Publicity department currently has an exciting opportunity for an undergraduate student or recent graduate to work as an intern this summer supporting the legendary Lucasfilm franchise. The Publicity intern would gain first-hand knowledge of what it takes to successfully communicate and promote upcoming projects and our overall public relations strategy – both internally and externally. The Publicity team at Lucasfilm is responsible for promoting upcoming franchise projects and company news both externally and internally. Made of up of a team of experienced publicists, communications professionals and writers, we are responsible for developing the news coming out of Lucasfilm and our legendary franchise, as well as cultivating strong relations with the press, influencers and key partners.
The Publicity Intern will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
· Organize PR files on past and present productions, both physical and digital
· Daily press tracking and reporting
· Help coordinate press events, toolkits & talent-handling for upcoming projects
· Assist with presentation prep on PowerPoint, Keynote or other formats
· Assist in creating social media content and monitor corporate social channels
· Assist with the planning and execution of corporate events and internal communications (e.g. intranet, digital screens, etc)
· Coordinate the acquisition of special gifts for VIPs and Make-A-Wish guests
· Respond to fan mail and assist with mailing packages
· Coordinate meeting scheduling--reserve in-house theater and other venues, etc.
· Additional administrative tasks when needed
· Answer PR hotline and route calls as necessary
· Strong Communication Skills: Comfortable and professional communicating via phone and email
· Proficient in Google G Suite, Mac Keynote and database management
· Inquisitive, anxious to learn and does not shy away from "grunt work"
· Strong time management skills; Ability to multitask and prioritize
· Proven ability to work autonomously and in team settings with a positive, proactive attitude
· Interest in film/entertainment industry
· Social media savvy
· Keeps up with entertainment news
Candidates must be currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Media, Marketing or related degree or recently graduated within the past 6 months.
· Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship OR have graduated from a college/university within the past 6 months
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
· Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Internship Dates: May/June – August/September
Location: This is a remote internship. The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated work space.
CONVERSION OPPORTUNITY There is no guarantee to become full-time or contract employee following the internship