The Fall 2021 Virtual Career Fair (VCF) is fast-approaching! It will be held TOMORROW from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. We have compiled the following tips for successfully navigating the event: Prior to the fair:
1. Upload your resume to your Pirate Link/Symplicity CSM account at: https://hamptonu/ csm.symplicity.com/students.
Complete any recommendations and resubmit your resume as quickly as possible.
2. Select "Events""Career Fairs"and then click on the large button that says "Hampton University 2021 Virtual Career Fair" to review the registered employers and "favorite" the ones you're most interested in meeting with by clicking the star beside the employer's name (scroll down to see the company logos which link to their profiles).
3. Log into your CSM account before the VCF to make sure you have the most updated resume uploaded to the VCF and that your "Chat Profile" is current.
The day of the fair:
1. When joining an employer chat, instead of downloading Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc., select the option to join the meeting online and it will be faster to join.
2. As long as you are in a queue, remain in the Virtual Career Fair so you do not miss any employer chat requests. Please do not navigate to other areas.
3. Make sure you click the "Attend" button so that you can join chats.
4. After each video chat you complete, scroll down to view the Notes field. Enter Notes after each chat, before you join the next, so that you do not forget key information.
We hope to "see" you there and we wish you much success!
~The Career Center Staff